Visualize and Secure Kubernetes Clusters and Nodes in One Simple Dashboard
Kubernetes is considered today as the de facto orchestration tool for managing and deploying containers and has become the ideal system for building and operating cloud-native applications. While Kubernetes may be seen as the “promised land”, there are some considerations that need to be addressed, such as building, running and securing the deployed services. A significant challenge for Kubernetes lies in its security feature. Whether running on bare metal or public cloud, Kubernetes makes its user the happy owner of the infrastructure of which the applications are provisioned. However, a clear pitfall is that operations teams need to control where they want their eyes and ears to be when it comes to infrastructure security. To take Kubernetes to the next level, enterprises need to focus on security at all levels, including relevant integrations, authentication, authorization, and monitoring.
Alcide’s native integration with Kubernetes enables a simple visualization of all the Kubernetes clusters and nodes in one consolidated dashboard.
Best Practices for Kubernetes Deployments
Alcide’s native integration with Kubernetes enables organizations to ensure their Kubernetes workloads are monitored, managed and secured properly:
Visualize and Monitor All Kubernetes Clusters and Pods
- Real-time Kubernetes’ containers and pods activities are visualized on Alcide’s infrastructure and application map.
- Real-time, in-context data on Kubernetes workloads which eliminates the need to use the Kubernetes dashboard.
Implement Right Network Segmentation
- Segment the cluster using the cloud provider security toolchain such as security groups.
- Monitor Kubernetes Network Policies and see how they are layered on top of Amazon Security Groups, enabling policies to be easily tuned and refined through application labeling and apply to the relevant tier in the organization.
- Control who can access Kubernetes API server at the network level
- Segment the cluster worker nodes: limit, control & monitor node-to-node communications using security groups.
- Segment microservices by using Kubernetes network policies.
With Alcide Kubernetes Network Policies are automatically imported and visualized on the connectivity map, enabling implementation of network segmentation, reducing complexity and minimizing the need to manage policies through the Kubernetes native CLI.
- The simplified platform helps to gather, monitor and manage all your rule-based instance policies.
- Provides a high-level picture and granular policy details help users ensure the right policies are set to protect your Kubernetes workloads.
Authorization & Authentication
RBAC enables your clusters:
- Maintain the principle of least privileges – running workloads, pods & microservices, in general, must be able to access only the information and resources that are necessary for its legitimate purpose, and nothing else beyond.
- Validate and limit Cloud Provider IAM roles assigned to instances and assign IAM roles to running workloads
Advanced Threat Detection
Real-time detection and alerting of advanced threats, in addition to detection of anomalies and common internal born network attacks, such as DNS tunneling, lateral movements, ARP poisoning, spoofing and port scanning